World's Largest Free & Open Research Repository on the Effects of all RPG Formats, 100% Volunteer-run non-profit charitable organization
RPG Research has been involved with role-playing games since the 1970s and researching their effects since 1983. We have also helped run programs in schools since 1985, and in therapeutic settings since 2004.
We have been offering the world's most comprehensive repository of research information on role-playing games, freely and openly, online since 2004.
We are a 100% volunteer-run international research & human services 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization.
We need volunteers to help us maintain our extensive research archives consistent of thousands of content items, run our programs, and help us continue to grow so we can help improve more lives around the world.
Sign up to volunteer today!
Research Archivist I [Volunteer]
Research Archivist I Volunteer
This is a 100% remote position.
Hours: ~4-6 hours per week. Very flexible schedule.
Wage: 0 (volunteer)
Training: We will train.
RPG Research provides world's largest free and open online research repository on role-playing games, consisting of thousands of content items.These content items include, but are not limited to:
* Published papers
* Blog postings
* and much more.
RPG Research is a 100% volunteer-run 501(c)3 non-profit research & human services charitable organization studying the effects of collaborative music and all role-playing game formats: tabletop, live-action, electronic, and hybrid.
We need several volunteers to fill the role of the Research Archivist I position to help us move our thousands of content items from our old Plone servers to our new Odoo (OpenERP) servers. We also need this role to help clean up the archives as they are moved, and once the move is completed (expected to take months at just a few hours per week per volunteer), to then better organize and keep up to date with the latest available research.
The Research Archivist I Role has the following responsibilities:
* Participate in 1 researchers meeting & training per week (2 hours per week)
* Engage in archivist duties weekly (2-4 hours per week)
* Move content from old servers to new servers
* Clean up content formatting layout
* Add appropriate "tags" to content to improve search engine relevant results
* Create and keep up to date curated research pages by topic, population, diagnoses, etc.
* Find the latest appropriate content to add to new archives
* Contact authors and publishers to verify publication permission rights
* Set content publication rights as appropriate
Prior experience is preferred but not required for this entry-level position.
* Strong reading comprehension skills
* Strong organizational skills, and likes organizing things
* Good communicator, keeps supervisors up to date each week on progress
* Enthusiastic about what we do
* Dedicated and reliable
* True to your word
* Detail oriented
* Prior archivist and/or librarian experience
* Experience with Plone and/or Odoo (OpenERP) or other content management system (CMS)
ResponsibilitiesEngage in archivist duties weekly (2-4 hours per week)
Participate in 1 researchers meeting & training per week (2 hours per week)
Move content from old servers to new servers
Clean up content formatting layout
Add appropriate "tags" to content to improve search engine relevant results
Create and keep up to date curated research pages by topic, population, diagnoses, etc.
Find the latest appropriate content to add to new archives
Contact authors and publishers to verify publication permission rights
Set content publication rights as appropriate
Moving thousands of content items
Cross platform differences between Plone & OdooContent formatting issues
Tracking progression working with other archivists
Strong attention to detail
What's great in the job?
- 100% Remote
- Helping a great cause
- Very flexible schedule
- International staff